It is official. Blogging is not my "gig."
I am always torn between what a blog is even supposed to be for. I truly feel that WHATEVER I do: whether it be writing, speaking, eating, etc. is all supposed to honor God and encourage others through that. I haven't felt like much of an encourager lately as the home project was (as always) quite a bit larger than we anticipated and most of the time that I used to spend with others has been moved to getting the home put together.
But, God has brought many people into our lives lately that are in the midst of stories of divorce, betrayal, abuse, and just the pains of a broken world.
Hence, when it comes to writing, here is the honest truth of what I would like to write about in very vivid ways:
1) Divorce is not better for children. Divorce sucks. The word itself means "death."
2) Our generation is a generation of quitters (and the generation preceding it).
I asked a 92 year old women who had been married 67 years what the secret was to their marriage. She said, "Honey, when I was your age, quitting wasn't an option."
3) Fathers need to be fathers and mothers need to be mothers. Period. Children are in desperate need of their parents.
4) This world is in desperate/deep need of knowing Jesus and His forgiveness and knowing grace/mercy/peace/hope/love and that maybe ALL of this does matter.
5) Redemption is possible. Healing is possible. Life after abuse is more than possible.
6) The beauty of what God does in a woman's body in creating a baby. There is no other possible way, other than through Him, that our little one will come into this world. Halle-lujah. I am not the one telling my cells to replicate, differentiate, multiply, etc.
Pictures of the remodel are coming!
My husband just happens to be able to do plumbing, electrical, construction which is a huge blessing (but also takes up A LOT of time). So blessed by him.
PS: Me at 6.5 months. Might I mention the things I love: my leggings, UGGs, Helly Hansen jacket, and forever 21 tank tops.