1) LINGERIE: No bra straps. There is never an occasion that calls for your undergarments to be outergarments.
2) FIT: Too tight never works. If the size bothers you, cut out the tag and then wear them with confidence (remember, you are fearfully and wonderfully made).
3) SEASONAL: Anything that alludes to what looks like swimwear should be for the beach/pool/spa/etc. This means that skin showing at the mid-riff, no matter what season/style/fashion advice you receive, is never okay.
4) DENIM: Skinny jeans. A debate. Make sure your clothes highlight all things beautiful about you. I have had days where I think they look great and days where I am pretty sure they do nothing for me. Oh the life of a girl!
5) SOMETHING OLD: A vintage gold belt that goes around the waist should be a staple in every lady’s closet. I LOVE finding old items. Something so beautiful about something that has lasted so long.
6) SOMETHING NEW: Just because something is trendy (think 80s, really only good for 80s parties now), doesn't mean it is lovely, classy, highlighting.
7) COLOR: Turquoise: highly recommended for any outfit that involves either black or white. Think of how well the sky highlights everything when it is blue-the turquoise jewelry (pick one: a necklace, earrings, bracelet, etc) does the same for you.
8) CLASSIC: Cigarette pants-black. Own one pair. Get black, patent, pointy-toe pumps and a short black trench and wear with grace. Think Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, etc. Pearls: fake or real. They are still lovely. As are you.
Have ten staple items. A list might look like the following:
Uggs-ask my hubby, those are clearly my favorite. Top list of investments.
Two pairs of great jeans (one bootcut for heels and one skinny for boots)
Two nice, longer, white tanks to go under nearly everything. Again, no bra straps
A black trench coat with a striking collar. With a tie-waist. Oh-and a hood (if an Oregonian)
A hat-any kind. Just a hat. Fedora, trucker, straw, cowgirl.
A black scarf, wide (so it can be worn as a shawl, scarf, make shift hood, etc.)
Turquoise and pearls
A skinny gold, belt. Oh-and a fitted wide khaki/camel belt
One pair of leggings (if you own too many you will find a way to wear them with everything).
A printed dress that is long enough to wear alone in the summer and yet still stylish with cowboy boots, etc. in the winter.
Beauty always trumps sexiness. Always. Don’t dress to impress men. You will get the exact attention you want and the exact type of guy that you are dressing for.
Fearfully and Wonderfully Made: that is your trademark. God made you as you are (this doesn’t mean that we endorse gluttony or anorexia) and thus we treat our bodies as He created them to be treated. This means with the food we put in to the clothes that we adorn it with.