Monday, August 13, 2012

Encouragement.

Sorry I am not a blogger.  I honestly go through a quandary about five times a week regarding the internet and how "forward" our society is moving regarding technology being the epicenter for what might be called relationships.  I have this blog mainly to encourage and document our family and what life for us is made up of.

I have received some of the most encouraging emails and I will reply once I get more than this ten minutes at the computer. See, our little girl still doesn't like to sleep and takes a max of 45 minute naps which I pray is changing.  The blog world is hard for me because I believe that with all of my heart we are supposed to be sitting at coffee with people, reading books next to one another, serving together, talking face to face, and living life not on our IPhones, IPads, IMacs, I-this, I-that, Internet, Instagram, etc.  I have a very hard time with conversations over email because I would so much rather talk to people face to face because it is a million times stronger and more personal than this "other" land.

I plan on doing an I-fast just to see what can be done when there are no distractions from a life I can really live. I get soooo easily distracted and sooo don't want my daughter to think of my Iphone as an appendage to my body :)  

Nonetheless, I will continue to share what's on my heart, whether it be the easy stuff or the really good/hard stuff.  Here are some pics from our trip to Hawaii this last week and a word of warning for you mommas, don't take your baby out of your time zone. Travel only north or south.  Trust me.

We also just got back from a lovely weekend at the coast with Matt's amazing family.  They are fantastic and hopefully pics to come soon.

Love, Anna

Happiest baby on the block. 

Our awesome traveling duo. 
Delights my soul

An absolutely fantastic Hawaiian wedding complete with fresh sushi, Hawaiian bbq, photo booth, etc

We are so blessed. Abundantly.

Ruth's first polo match. Conveniently next door to our cottage.

Well...maybe not a huge fan of the ocean.

One of my fave pics ever.

What you get to see when your little doll is on a time change.

Her first time being in Hawaiian sand-time: 5:30am

Boy does she love Tammy. It is the cutest.

6 comments:

  1. love this:) i too am so old fashion and kinda anti-technology, haha! Being in Alaska the last two weeks without ANY technology was so wonderful... I don't use facebook, twitter or really anything but email and the blog. I wish WE could sit down and share some coffee:) you are too cute! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "quandary" and I go through the same thing. So, let's get coffee in real life sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Anna! Thanks for speaking my heart. I think about this all the time and it kinda scares me, the direction we are headed and I want to put on the breaks. For whatever it's worth, your thoughts are always encouraging and (as I've decided with my own blog), no pressure on posting-readers will continue to check in regardless (like me)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely & utterly understand when it came on the news that libraries might be diminishing because of electronic books I was rather upset to say the least. Sadly though I do like the fact that I can Skype my family & see theIr lovely faces every once in awhile despite being too far to visit them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear Lady! I can't believe it's been 2 years already ... time sure does fly!! I can remember your wedding like it was yesterday ... All I can say is, your wedding was the absolute most beautiful thing I've been to. Everything was just perfect! And now you have the most joyful, beautiful, and healthy baby girl who I just can't wait to meet! Know that ever since your post about needing prayer that I have definitely been praying for you. Love you and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful set of pictures, both the people and the scenery :) So glad you got to go, but sorry for your non-sleeping baby, I can only imagine how trying it is to be sleep-deprived all the time.

    I too feel similarly about the internet (iphone, instagram, etc.) Sometimes I get so frustrated with how dependent I am on those things, and honestly wonder what it would be like to go back to life pre- all of that. But for me, I remember I do get to reach people I wouldn't otherwise and I truly have made some pretty amazing "internet" friends. But there is still a balance and I think we're all trying to figure that out! Thanks for your honesty and wish I could sit down over coffee with YOU! Have a wonderful week Miss Anna!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo, A momma and her baby (babies!)